Thursday, November 17, 2011

Workday!

This past Tuesday I received a call from Tucker asking if I could help him and his family out pretty much all Wednesday. I said I did, so I doubled up on some of my school (some I'm doubling up on today) so I'd have a free day Wednesday. That morning, around 7:20, Tucker, Mr. Frank and I headed over to pick up Kevin and then went over to the Richards' Bridgeton house.

We were the first ones there, and didn't have a key. Tucker, being the one that knows the place the best, showed Kevin and I the back cellar door. The cellar was poorly lit... More like not lit at all. We used our iPhones as flash lights until we found a light switch. After walking through the old cellar we found the trap door that led into the house. For some reason, something was blocking it making it impossible for us to get in without breaking the trap door, which was not worth getting in.

After we found our way out, Kevin and I noticed that the windows looked a ton easier to get in. Which they were. All we needed to do was slide up the window and climb in. So after a little while of Kevin looking around the house (he had never been there and found it really cool), and Tucker and I snacking, Malia showed up. We all then tried to get into the house we were going to work on that day. After trying about 20 keys, Mrs. Richards, Shannon, Colleen, Corrie, and Rebecca showed up with the right key.

After a round of hugs, we started to get setup. When we got a few things out Pastor Sam arrived. The bids was in the house! First off I started with helping the girls start the bonfire by collecting brush and wood. I only did that for a short time and then headed overt the roof project with the guys. We worded on that until around 11:30 then had a lunch break.

Lunch was awesome. I could have been there much, much longer eating and eating, but I had to go back to work!

Most of the rest of my work was on top on the roof or using the nail gun on the supports. After hours of working on the roof we almost finish! Then it started raining. So for the last hour or so we were working in the rain. It was still good, but the roof was metal, so it was getting a little slippery. Luckily we finished before it got too slippery.

It was now becoming dusk. Tucker brought my Airsoft guns I'm letting him borrow. So Tucker and I went into the pine woods. The trees all varied from 5-10 feet, and were pretty dense. This made for a very awesome game. You couldn't see 10 feet in front of you, so it was pretty much all about being stealth, listening, and watching the top of the trees. I knew where he was most of the time. Except once when he sprinted through and I followed him, he suddenly became quiet. I thought he stopped, so I was carefully was looking where I last heard him. Then I heard a snap and pop behind me, and a BB hit me in the back of the neck. He won. It was still awesome though!

After that round Colleen and Danielle (she came during lunch) joined. Colleen and I were on a team, Danielle and Tucker were the other. It was all going well and was pretty even. Then my gun jammed and I couldn't fix it. After that Danielle pinned Colleen and Tucker shot Colleen. So that was the end of it!

After the Airsoft battles we cleaned up and then had snacks and hot chocolate! When everyone was ready, Mrs. Richards brought us Clarkes to our Bible study on the previous sermon.

After the Bible study Kevin, Tucker, Pastor Sam and Corrie showed up. After hellos and goodbyes all of them (except Kevin) went off to their perspective homes. We then brought Kevin home. We all then happily went home to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment