Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Few Goals Reached

One of my short term goals was to reach 160 pounds, yet keeping defined muscles including the abs. I've reached that goal! My long term goal is to reach 175 pounds. So I still have a while to go! But it's always nice to reach a goal, even if it's a small one.

Another short term goal I reached was to bench press 150pounds in 3 sets, each set being 8-12 reps (150x8-12x3). This goal was nice to reach, but the bench press at Planet Fitness is on a machine, so in actuality it probably would have been more like 150x6-10x3 if I had to stabilize it as well.

I did some dumbbell bench presses to try and use some stabilizers afterwards. It was a bit tricky...

I reached another small goal as well. I shoulder pressed 40x10x3. I might use lighter weights for a bit though. My shoulder has been hurting a little from the way I sleep on it. After my shoulder is repaired some, I want to do some heavy weight lifting (4-8 reps) so I can gain some mass, then I'll tone it and gain some endurance in a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment