Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Few More Weeks...

As some of you reading this might know, I pulled my Achilles tendon playing soccer this past fall. Me, thinking it was like any other tendon didn't stop playing until the season was over. I thought it healed by the time winter soccer started. It probably did, but was still very week. So I re-injured it. It has been bothering me after every game for a few days, then it usually would heal enough for me to walk with no limp or pain.

So that has been happening over the past month or two with winter soccer. I've been enjoying it, but I haven't been able to play to my full potential because of my ankle restriction.

Now that there are only two weeks left, I'm kind of happy. Don't get me wrong, I love playing soccer (even losing, but just not as much as winning) and I love hanging out with the guys there, but I can't wait for my ankle to heal!

On the note of soccer, I'll tell you of my game last night. Our game was against a team men in their 30 and 40s I believe, so they had the advantage of skill, while he had the advantage of fitness. I played sweeper most of the game, which was pretty nice because beforehand almost everyone had in there head that because I was fast, I played forward... but I don't. I'm a midfielder or defender. I believe I was put to much better use playing there. I was told I has 'an awesome save' by a few people: Our goalie stopped a small break away, but the ball bounced off the guy he stopped from scoring so it was heading straight for our goal, quite quickly. I was sprinting next to the guy that had the break away (trying to catch up and stop him) and when the ball did a few bounces off our goalie and the other player, it slowed down a little. So I had just enough time to slide in there and clear the ball out of there. I didn't know how close I was to the goal until my body flew into the net a second after kicking the ball. So I guess I made a pretty close call!

Our game as a whole was a much better game than we usually had, we had plenty of chances and the ball was going up and down the field the whole game. The other team was much better at finishing and we had a few flukes, thus giving them the win. The score was 4-0 I believe.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great save! You did some sort of flip. It was a great game! Oh bummer..I won't be able to go to your last game! :(

    ReplyDelete