Monday, December 19, 2011

Grand Weekend!

This past Friday I had a usual day of school, chores, then worked out that evening after the girls went off being girls. After working out went out to eat a with Mom and Dad, and ended my day with watching Pirates of the Caribbean: 4... so I thought. Shannon came home near the end of the movie with the three oldest Donahue girls. So we all hung out and talked. The girls were all overtired, I wasn't so it was pretty hilarious watch their reactions to everything. If you said some thing slightly funny, they'd laugh for about 3 minutes, and I'd laugh at them! So them being over tired, Shannon decided to invite Casey to come over. That's normal, usually... but it was almost midnight. By the time they convinced Casey to get out of bed (via text) and come over it was about 11:55pm. So we all talked and laughed for about another hour... Casey was overtired too so it's was pretty entertaining!

Around 1:20am we finally went to bed, but Jessi Donahue had to leave because she had work the next day. I reviewed my lines and went to sleep, the girls on the other hand could have stayed up making fun if one another for awhile.

Later that morning (about 7:45am), I got up and I was very hungry. So I showered and started to make pancakes and waffles. Jolie was the first girl up (besides my mom of course). She looked/sounded a little like a zombie, and then she said something along the lines about how when I get up I really get up, and walked off. When I finished breakfast, Jolie was the only girl up. So I went to wake the rest of them up. I got plenty of glares and a few growls, but they finally did get up.

That day we pretty much just hung out all day, played games and various fun(ny) thing. Jolie left for a bit because she had to do something, but I can't remember what.

That evening (Jolie was back by then) we all headed over to the Estes! Colleen being gone we could bring everybody in one car. We picked up Calvin on the way, so we rode with 8 people in our 7 person van. At the Estes we had a superb meal. Good everyone, for some of us guys all it needed was a little hot sauce and it was perfect!

After supper we talked for a bit, and then I convinced Nick, Joel and Kenan to play 4 way chess. It was a long game... even for chess. I'd say Nick and I played 'most logically', but Joel has easy access to Kenan. Kenan being the least experienced played gave Joel the chance to destroy Kenan's army. Joel then checkmated Kenan, but in this game you need to kill the king to beat someone. So Joel did. Another cool rule in 4 way chess is: if you capture someone king, you get their remaining army. That gave Joel the upper hand, so Nick and I stopped trying to kill one another. Nick almost had Joel in a checkmate, and Joel almost have Nick in a checkmate. I was the middle man. I could choose who I wanted to fight. I'd say they were about the same skill level, so it was a tough choice. I noticed that if I gave Joel Nick's army, they would lose a few queens so they would have one queen instead if three. That sounded like a good deal to me, and I had more offense on Joel then Nick anyway. So after Joel had his huge army, I attacked him. I had the upper hand in position, but he nearly tripled my size. I had his king I'm the corner and he held me off until us Clarkes, Donahues and Casey had to leave. We called it a stalemate, but I think he would have eventually over powered me with sheer numbers.

I realized on the way out from the Estes house that I could have checkmated him 4 moves earlier, but that's part of speed part of chess!

When we arrived at home that night, the Donshues and Casey left. After saying our goodbyes, I went to bed. I wasn't that tired, but I figured I needed more sleep for the up coming week!

Sunday morning we all got up (Calvin was still over), and ate breakfast and then headed off to church. We had another good Advent service, and then a church in Florida gave all the kids 16 and under gifts! I was quite surprised! So when our pastor announced it. I kind of laughed (as did a few other people around my age), and then he pointed me out and said "Yes, even you Billy!" that made the congregation laugh ending our great service!

That afternoon Calvin and Shannon watched Pirates of the Caribbean: 4. I uploaded the sermon and watched the later half of the movie with them. When we finished we had a small supper and headed over to our pastor's family open house! Calvin and I being young growing men, ate a ton. I rounded my plate a few times and then snacked until the end of open house.

At the open house were the Kidds, they were (and are) always fun to hang out with! But then the Hollens showed up! The Hollens are some old (but still great) friends of us Clarkes! So we hung out with them almost the whole time. It was pretty awesome to hang out with with for a few hours and catch up on life!

We were one of the last families to leave, so it as kind if late. We came home and talked for awhile. Mom and Dad went to bed, but Shannon, Calvin and I stayed up to about 11:30pm having a good talk.

Now to today! Today Colleen and ABBEY are coming home!!! Colleen had been gone ever since Friday, but I haven't seem Abbey since her short Thanksgiving break! I can't wait!

Tonight was going to be our last Spartan game, but just a few minutes ago we received an email notifying us that the game is cancelled due to not having enough players. On the bright side my ankles will probably heal faster!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time laughing AT us. :P Yeah... I guess I'll have to work on that zombie thing... :P And when you wake up you ARE really awake. Showering... clanking dishes... turning on music... making breakfast. Oy vey. :P I wish I were like that in the morning... it seems more... pleasant. haha :)Anyways, thanks for having us over! It was a good time. :)

    P.S. Oh, and I had left for a while to spill paint in the Oldsmobile... obviously. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yeah. You girls were pretty funny... and I'm not usually that awake in the morning. I usually get up do a little school and then eat whatever is made/I made. But I was really hungry that morning and I figured there was no way Shannon was going to cook before 9am. Also I just get up earlier when we have guests.
    And you're welcome! It was my/our pleasure!

    PS. Haha, yeah... That... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH! That sounds like so much fun! All of it! Jo was soooo hyper when I left her on friday night! I was a little nervous about leaving her..but I figured she had others to calm her down..I guess not! ;)
    By the way...Four way chess is awesome!

    ReplyDelete