Thursday, December 22, 2011

Order

So, everyone should a goal. It could be to strength and tone your arms, get abs (or a flat stomach), or the ability yo run a 5k, 10k or even a marathon.

Anyway, what ever you want to work on most, you should do that first. Like lets say you wanted to build some bicep muscle. You'd concentrate on your biceps. So after your warmup you might start off with bicep curls, move on to something else, then do some pull-ups, do some other exercise(s) and maybe do some more bicep curls.

One of the harder muscle groups to work (in my opinion) are the pectorals. Also known as the chest. So let's say you're at a gym you want to work that first, so you'd do something like bench press. Why? Because if you did other arm parts first like triceps and biceps, then your arms would barely be able to do the bench press movement, because they're so tired. If your arms are too tired to so many bench press reps, then you wouldn't get a good chest workout, and you might strain your triceps a bit.

Another thing some people want to do is to get abs or get a flat stomach. This requires fat loss. So you should concentrate on cardio work. You should warmup, do your cardio, and then add in other exercises after your cardio. If you don't feel that tired, maybe finish with more cardio and a cool down. There are a few reasons you should do your cardio first: you'll be even more warmed up (unless you run outside in the winter). Second: if you did leg exercises before your cardio you may not be able to run or bike as far because your legs are just too tired. Third: whatever you work on first usually gets the best workout. Forth: doing ab exercise before hand can cause cramping during your run/bike. Lastly..: is that if you suddenly become busy, you can end your workout with your most important part finished.

So you can see the order of your workout can matter. For another example this morning I worked out at Planet Fitness. In the morning if I work my body physically hard, I get a stomach ache. So I need to to have my priorities down so invade I get a stomach ache, I already did the good stuff. Like my plan today was to do legs and core. Core is probably less important for me right now, so I did legs first. Guess what? I got a stomach ache near the end of my leg workout. I did some core yesterday, so I'm fine with today's workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment