Monday, December 5, 2011

Wrights!

After SMASH on Thursday Anna slept over at our house because she didn't have a ride to SMASH. So after Friday's SMASH Shannon, Colleen, Anna and I headed over to the Wrights house! It took us a little while because Shannon didn't know the Bath or Topsham area that well and Anna was our GPS... but she got distracted by telling stories. So yeah, we missed a lot of turns.

When we arrived we met the younger Wrights, and then played Foosball and Round Robin with Josh, Ben, Maggie, and Caleb until supper was ready.

At supper we all talked, laughed, and obviously ate food! After supper we went to Dairy Queen for dessert.

Mr. Wright left in his car (we came in two) while us older kids were waiting for our ice cream. Mr. Wright and I both have goatees, we are both about the same height and we're both pretty fit. So Ben (he's 17) was looking around right next to me asking: "Where's Billy?" me, thinking he was joking just said: "I don't know...". He then looked at me turned away, and then spun around shaking his head. He then announced he thought I was his dad! After a few laughs and being served our ice cream we headed back to the Wright's house.

At the Wrights us older kids (Anna, Shannon, Ben, Josh, Maggie, Colleen, and I) stayed up playing games, talking, joking around, and getting over tired. We stayed up until about 2am. With all that time and over tiredness we made plenty of inside jokes... I could start listing them, but everyone would think I'm rather crazy and stop reading my blog. Hence why they are inside jokes!

Us guys got up around 9:30am. We were before the girls. Mr. Wright was frying bacon, so we decided to fan the smell towards where the girls were sleeping. A few minutes later they started filing up the stairs, so I guess it worked!

That morning we ate breakfast and talked about last night. We then decided to go outside and play some frisbee and soccer. Because they had a small cliff, I decided to climb it. So we ended up throwing the frisbee and kicking the soccer ball up and down the cliff, and then later from their raised porch to and from the cliff.

After some of us got a little bored (or cold) we went inside and played more Foosball until Ben had to leave for work. Sadly he left before we had pie that Corrie made for me (which was epically awesome!). So we saved a slice for him, I'm hoping he got it! After we had pie we had to leave. Anna was staying there so she could go to church with them. So after our good byes we headed home.

On our way home we stopped by the Donahues and said hi, gave then back their pie dish, and invited them and Jenna over for the later afternoon and early evening. They just got up (they stayed up later than us) so they said they would in a bit. We then gave Calvin a ride back to our house because he was near the Donahues and needed a ride.

When we got home Dad, Calvin and I went in town to buy some food, get a few plugs, get Calvin's church clothes, and buy Dad's and my Planet Fitness memberships. The Donahues and Jenna arrived at our house while we were gone. When we came home we all just talked, and then had a weird conversion about hugging. Calvin found it hilarious how long it took us to say good bye and talk about hugs. I did too!

On Sunday we went to church had a 'relaxing' afternoon with Calvin and then headed to our church's family prayer meeting.

Over all I had a grand weekend! Thank you Wrights for having us over!

1 comment:

  1. Haha..We were still in our pjs! It was quite funny when you guys showed up!

    ReplyDelete