Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Start it up again...

In case you haven't read about this, I had strep throat and some symptoms of pneumonia the week of Thanksgiving. I took antibiotics, but I haven't really fully healed yet. I still have a slight cough and stuffy nose. Last week I didn't quite feel up to working out, I still played soccer, but that was it. I realized that day that not working out for two weeks really took away your endurance. My cardio was extremely low, making it very hard to breathe while sprinting/coughing up stuff. Part of my poor cardio was probably due to the cough, but my cough is almost gone now. This weeks soccer my cardio was still down, but it was much easier to breathe.

So now that I'm feeling better, I'm starting up my winter training again! What better way to start up than going to Planet Fitness! That's what I did. Dad and I went yesterday. My plan was to work on my arms, chest and shoulders. Dad was just going to do cardio.

I didn't really have a plan yet, so I just warmed up and started trying out different weights on the machines.

Before I started, I saw a guy I knew: Ryan Goding. We said hello and then asked about when we joined and briefly what our goals were.

I don't really want to describe my entire workout because that would be boring and not the best example of what to do. I mainly was just testing out weights, because I don't really know what to use because I usually do body weight workouts, not weights!

It was pretty fun, and funny for me to try out weights. Sometimes I over estimated and I could only do a few reps, others I under estimated and could do tons of reps with ease.

Anyway, I worked my calves with light weights for a bit because I'm trying to repair my ankle. After that I did some flies, chest press, rows (variations), lat pull downs (variations), shoulder press, some triceps, biceps, and then finished with a short leg workout. I then stretched, and waited for dad to finish his shower. While I waited I did some forearm with my forearm gripper.

I was a little sore in the shoulders yesterday, but man. Today I'm sore! Everything I worked is sore! My legs are slightly sore, but my chest, arms, and shoulders are really sore! It feels great though! I missed being able to get sore!

Because I'm so sore, it'll be counterproductive to workout my arms, chest or shoulders today. So I'll just do some cardio. I would do a leg workout, but I plan to do a hardcore leg workout Friday.

I'm 'pumped' to restart my workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment