Monday, May 21, 2012

Living Room and Returning of Family!

Well, first off I'd just like to remind you all that Shannon and Mom went to Haiti not this past Saturday, but the Saturday before that on a medical missions trip.

I have not posted much about what I did this past week for a reason... if Mom and Shannon saw on my blog what was going on, it would have ruined our Mother's Day surprise.

What we did all wee was redo our living room. Our floor was a chipboard floor because we removed the rug after I accidentally threw paint all over it during SMASH one year. Our walls were kind of beat up and not-so-nice... and our window was a mess.

This past week we cleaned the living room out (everything, including furniture), sanded the floor, primed the walls, put up wall paper, painted the paper, installed a new wood floor and got a new window. Mr. Donahue was a huge help. He showed Nick Estes and my dad how to do wall paper, and did the hard parts for us! Nick probably put as much, if not more time into our living room than anyone else. He came over after my Monday meet (I saw the Avengers again with Colleen, Nick and Jenna that night), we got up around 8am and he started working before breakfast! He stayed our house until the next night (Wednesday night, or early Thursday morning depends how you look at it) helping out. He obviously put in more time in than me, because I was at track half the time. It also helped that he is a super handyman, unlike me or my dad. Casey came over once for a ton of painting, she also gave me a ride to track that day when I didn't have a ride!

What I did all week was work in the morning, go to track in the afternoon and relax and then work in the evening. On Friday I had the day off of track (because of it was the day after our second meet of the week), so I helped a lot more that day. Friday night Colleen and I went to watch the tail end of Ben Wright's track meet, and then spent the night at the Wright's house that night. Harrison Otis, Maggie and Josh Wright were there as well. We all talked, played games, made jokes, and then realized it was 1 o'clock... and we thought, what can another hour do? Let's play Mario Cart. Us guys stayed up to almost 3am, while the girls went to bed around 2am. I'm usually against staying up that late, but I haven't seen Harrison or the Wright's in a long time.

Saturday morning we got up (zombie mode), ate breakfast, packed up and left for our house around 9:15am. We had to be back around 10am so we could help put in the floor. Now, mind you: I had two track meets this week. I stayed up late watching the Avengers (1am), worked all week on either the track or the house, and to finish it off I stayed up until 3am the night before. If I liked coffee, this would be the one time it would come in handy. I don't, so I had a cup of tea... much weaker than coffee, but I guess that's for the better.

Mr. Estes and Nick came over around 10:45am. I was kind of awake, but not really. We then went into working mode. I was still in zombie mode, so I was like a working zombie.

I did a little more sanding, the helped with the floor and other various small jobs. Mr. Estes did a ton of work on the floor, being the handiest man out of us all (that's saying a lot, because Nick was there)! Dad and I did the more basic repetitive work. Colleen painted. Colleen left to babysit around 1 or 2pm. So it was just us guys for a long time.

We worked on the floor and some other small things until around 7pm. Casey came over again to help around 5:30pm. When we finished the floor I painted the last coat on a corner of the house, Dad left to go get Shannon and Mom, Mr. Estes and Nick worked on fixing the couch that they gave us (Nick also fixed up our surround found wiring), and Casey cleaned up the kitchen. I believe the Estes left around 9:30pm. Casey helped me clean and put furniture back in the living room until 10:15ish. After she left I continued to clean and put a little more furniture back in place. I cleaned up the parent's room, swept and put the chairs and table back in the kitchen all while blaring some music. Colleen came home a little past 11pm. I told her she had to clean her room. I was too tired. I then headed off to bed. I laid down, and boom! It was 2 or 3am and Shannon and telling me good job and such and patting me on the back. I couldn't really get up to say thanks, and so I just grunted a few times and fell back to sleep.

That morning I got up at 8:30am. Then I realized I went to bed in my work clothes, forgot my pillow, and didn't use any blankets. Yeah. Guess I was tired.

We all made it to church that morning... I can't say I got in everything... yeah. But I managed to stay awake!

At home I ate some junk food, and then sat on the couch... and then woke up three hours later.

I put up the sermon that evening, talked, ate some healthier food and made blueberry and strawberry pancakes. We watched part of a movie, and then went off go bed around 10. I fell asleep around 11, and finally got up around 7 this morning. Now I'm writing this.

Ok, now that I got you caught up, I thought I'd let you know about my past meet. It was a great meet. There was only three schools there. Our school was probably the most athletic, but not the biggest. About 1/3 of our team was out for the meet because they gave blood. Because of this, my relay teams were off. I didn't mind, because I then ran better personal times in my open runs. I actually won the 100 meter dash with a time of 12.25. 0.01 seconds from automatically qualifying for KVACs and 0.15 seconds from provisionally qualifying for States.

I ran the 400 meter in 56.16 seconds. That's a .61 second PR, automatically qualifying me for KVACs. I also won that event. Jordan on my team is way faster than me in that, but he didn't run it that day.

I ran the 200 meter for the first time since my freshman year. When you're seeded in an event, they use your best time. My best time was just above 28 seconds... so I was in the slowest heat. Let's just say I won by almost 50 meters with a time of 25.16, a huge PR. It actually wasn't that great of a time. I wasn't under pressure to run faster, so I didn't. Hopefully I'll run it again today in a faster heat so I can get a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment