Sunday, May 13, 2012

Too Much Variation to Give a Title

Friday night Dad and I had the house to our selves. Shannon and Mom left for Haiti and Colleen was spending the night at the Donahues. We didn't have much food so we went out and got some pizza at Little Caesar's. After our pizza we checked out stuff at Home Depot for a bit until we headed off to the movie theater to watch The Avengers! I would write more about it, but I don't want to give anything away for my friends and family who haven't seen it yet! After the movie we bought food. Hopefully it's enough to last the week so we don't have to go again! I'm not a huge fan of shopping...

Because of our night shopping we got home pretty late: a little before 11pm. Not bad because it was a Friday night, right? Nope. I was planning on biking Saturday morning to the Donahues. I got up a little later than I wanted to (I got up at 7:15 and wanted to get up at 6:30). I did some chores while I ate my breakfast and packed my bag of stuff I would bring to the Donahues.

I'm used to it being in the low 40s or upper 30s in the morning, so I put on some sweat pants and a sweater, strapped my bag down and was off! I realized two thing two miles down the road. One: it was way too hot for sweat shirt and sweat pants, actually, almost too hot for a t-shirt. Two: I forgot the jalapeños I was planning on bringing to make jalapeño poppers. So I turned back, found the peppers, took off my sweater and sweat pants and wore shorts and a muscle shirt.

The ride was almost 9 miles, plus my little extra 4 miles from forgetting the peppers and dressing too warmly. I texted Colleen to let her know I'd be late. Never got a reply.

The ride had some hills, but only one quite challenging one, and once I finished it, I went down the other side, which was less steep, but longer. I probably went the speed limit going down that hill! So much fun!

When I arrived at the Donahues I quickly changed my shirt and put on deodorant so I wouldn't kill anyone with my smell. I actually wasn't that sweaty, but a t-shirt does a better job at covering stench than a slightly sweaty muscle shirt. I then knocked on their door. Waited a minute or so... and no one opened it. I then figured it out: Colleen didn't reply to my text because she was asleep, and still is. Mr. Donahue then came out the side door and didn't see me at the front door. I thought he had, so I just said "Hey Mr. Donahue!"... He then jumped back startled, because he wasn't expecting to see me right there. It was pretty funny, then we headed inside and talked a bit. Which he then told me that Colleen and Corrie were still asleep. So I was right.

Eventually everyone got up. Turns out Colleen and Corrie talked until 4am in the morning (genius, I know). I already had breakfast and so did Jolie so we all just talked until Corrie and Colleen finished eating. Colleen and Corrie were still in their pjs so Jolie and I tried playing Badminton while they changed... It failed. The birdie kept getting stuck in the rackets, so we decided to throw the frisbee around instead. Colleen, Brenna and Corrie came out soon after we started. We threw it around for a bit, meanwhile Colleen and I were also teaching the Donahues how to throw better.

After throwing the frisbee around Jolie drove us to the local tennis courts. Brenna held the keys and hung out while Colleen and I taught Corrie and Jolie the basics of tennis. We tried playing doubles, but didn't workout that well because of lack of experience... let's just say I was probably the best there, and I'm pretty bad. Corrie, Benna and Colleen walked back to the Donahues because they were going to take showers and probably do some girly thing like doing hair.

I did soft-toss with Jolie so she could get the basic forehand swing down. At first I was almost being drilled in the head, but by the end of it she hit all 5 balls we had into the other court. We then got ready to go and realized Brenna still had the car keys. We put all the rackets into her car and then walked back to their house. Mr. Donahue and Jolie then took their other car to pick it up for time's sake. We all had some kind of lunch and then got ready to head to Charlotte's house. I was going to be picked up at Charlotte's by Patrick's parents around three so I could go hangout with him instead of hanging out with 10 or so girls getting ready for a ball. I probably would have died if I stayed. The smell of burning hair and whatever else they use are quite toxic to males.

At Patrick's house we threw the frisbee around (I'm loving all this frisbee time!) for a bit, and then got a few of his neighbors and his brothers and played wiffle-ball. That was pretty darn funny and fun. I believe my team won as well!

After wiffle-ball we headed inside for supper. I had a chicken burger (like a chicken sandwich at McDonalds), and a hot dog. After supper I had to head back to Charlotte's so I could get a ride back to the Donahues..... We arrived there and it was full of girls getting their hair and stuff done. Yeah. Not my thing. So I teased them until we left! That's me being a guy! It was nice to see a bunch of SMASHers again though!

In a little while Jolie, Colleen and I left to head back to the Donahues. Corrie stayed because she was going to the ball thing.

When we arrived at the Donahues, Colleen left right away with Dad to go on a 'farther-daughter date'. I stay at the Donahues. This is when I actually made the jalapeño poppers! I don't want to brag, but they were really good in my opinion. Not as hot as I was hoping, but it made them 'eatable' for everyone else! I had two. I made eight. After they were pretty much finished off, we had Mexican burgers! Which were amazing, by the way! I had one, then I had one half of a 'magic powder' burger. I was planning on biking home... but after playing some Hearts with Jessi, Jolie and Brenna and watching some fireworks, I realized it was nearly 11pm. Way later then I thought it was, and I didn't really want to bike 40 minutes in the dark at 11pm on a Saturday night. Thankfully. Jolie offered to give me a ride, which I took. When I arrived home we heard a really near by howl... might have been a coyote, but usually they are in packs and it sounded slightly less yappy, so I rushed the bike in the shed. Thanked Jolie for the ride and headed in.

I soon went to bed. I was pretty tired. Sunday morning I made eggs and toasted bagels for everyone and then slowly got ready for church. Went to church, came home, relaxed most of the afternoon and read some. Then that evening I did some more chores, snacked, and then and got ready for bed...

In the morning I had my green smoothie, a yogurt and then an egg McMuffin with a homemade jalapeño bagel for the muffin part (yum!)... that bring me to now! Hopefully this wasn't too boring of a read for you people who were not involved in this past weekend's events!

No comments:

Post a Comment