Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mt. Ararat

Yesterday my meet which was scheduled for last Friday happened. It was in Mt. Ararat. I believe Mt. Ararat was the only class A school there. I also think that there was only one other class B school besides us. It was really humid, overcast and in the 60s. Pretty good running weather, but would have been a little better with less humidity. I'm not complaining though, because it was supposed to be raining all day, which it didn't until the 4x400 which is the last event.

Anyway my meet went pretty well. I didn't get to race in the 100m because my coach forgot to add that to her email to the person in charge. I did run the 4x100, the 800 and the 4x400. We did ok in the 4x100. Wasn't our usual team and the guy I handed off to didn't start until I ran into him. I think we got fourth. Not great, but still some points.

My 800... Oy. I still have a bad habit of running too fast for the first 300 meters! I ran it better than last time though. I ran a 2:14.66. Not a PR, but best this year. I got fourth with that time.

My final event was the 4x400. This time we had our strongest 4x400 team: Ben, Brandon, Jordan and I. Most of us were tired. My legs personally felt like led, but we still did pretty darn well! I ran a 58, Ben ran a 58, Brandon ran a 58, then Jordan ran something around 55 seconds, almost catching the Mt. Ararat kid who was in first! The Mt. Ararat guy had at least 20 meters up on Jordan, but Jordan finished less than 2 meters behind him. We lost to him by less than a second. Together, our team ran a 3:49.16. Huge PR for our team!

On another subject, this morning I had a homemade jalapeƱo bagel. It was amazing... My sister's cooking rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment