Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sprain!

Usually when you see a post named "sprain" it's a bad thing. This time, it isn't. I thought I tore my rotator cuff back when I hurt my shoulder a week or two ago. I figured this by reading up on it... which is much less accurate than asking a doctor or trainer.

I talked to the sports trainer at Leavitt after practice yesterday. I only had 15 minutes, so she only did a quick check up. She said my rotator cuff was very strong, and didn't seem injured. She then tested out some of my flexibility. I had a weird twang from one of the rotations. So she looked into that a bit more and figured I had a sprain in one or two of my tendons in my rear shoulder. She then told me a way to use moist heat in the mornings to loosen it up.

She said pushups are fine as long as they don't hurt, and that I shouldn't go heavy weight for awhile, and when I do, bench with a barbell, not dumbbells because that's more stable. I probably could do pullups, but I think I'll just rest it a bit longer for those.

Next time I have a chance, she told me to see her or the other trainer to get rotator cuff exercises and if I have the time, get my hamstring checked out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment