Monday, June 18, 2012

Epic Weekend

I would describe my weekend in detail, but that would take hours. Instead I'll just sum it up!

On Thursday I played soccer with some local soccer dudes. Pretty fun.

Friday, had an epic birthday party full of Ultimate and great friends. Oh, and some great food too! Practiced some handstands off and on. Superb day.

Saturday: got up real early. Made breakfast, ate and then spent the day at the Este's house. Biked with Kenan. Got owned. Played some volleyball at Elayna's graduation. Pretty cool day.

It was a grand weekend, as you can tell... but I like to mainly write about fitness on here. So I'll write about my handstand work.

On Friday I did a core workout. A bunch of bent leg raises on a bar, some windshield wipers on a bar, a few L-sit holds, cliff hanger planks, one-arm-one-leg planks, and weighted side planks. I followed that with handstand work against a wall. Not the best order of exercises, because to get good at a skill (handstand) you should be pretty fresh. Not exhausted.

At my birthday party Micah was practicing handstands on the field. I tried some too. We didn't have a wall, so I couldn't stay up as long... but I stayed up freestanding longer than most, if not all of my freestanding(ish) handstands next to a wall. So I might start training for the handstand without the wall. We'll see how that goes!

I did my German Volume Training on Monday. I worked my back. So I did dead lifts, pull ups and some assisting exercises. Dead lifts felt unsafe on my lower back by the 7th or 8th set (I used a light weight)... so I won't be doing 10x10 on the dead lift. I'll probably alternate 5x5 and 3x8-12 with the dead lift, until it gets too heavy for my weights then I'll increase the reps and/or the difficultly of grip. Pull ups killed me during GVT. Trying to keep slow movement with 10x10, makes pull ups real hard. I only reached 53 out of 100. Most of my sets were below 7 reps. Yeah. Have to work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment