Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Soccer and Biking

So this past Monday was my first soccer practice. It was a tad cold, but fine once you started running. We had a scrimmage near the end of practice and my team won, 1-0. My hammy ached, but besides that, it was a great practice!

I had games planned for Tuesday and Thursday, but the team we were going to play against cancelled because they didn't have enough players. So on Tuesday we had practice instead. My hammy still ached, but this practice was even better than the first practice! We had a scrimmage mid-practice, my team won, 3-0. Pretty fun!

I worked for Claire, our neighbor the yesterday. I got up early this morning to work before the heat hit. I got to her house at 6:15am, worked for 2.25 hours, then went home and washed some dirt off my face and ate a second breakfast. After breakfast I got ready to bike, and biked 10 miles to Leavitt. When I was almost there, coach Richards (track coach), who I was going to meet at the track drove by me... going the wrong way. I thought, whatever, she'll be back soon.

I was a few minutes late (got there at 10:08), I was supposed to be there at 10:00. No one was there so I just rehydrated and stretched a tad. Jackie, a track team member of mine, showed up at 10:15ish. We talked for awhile and when it was 10:35 we decided that if coach didn't show up at 10:45, we'd just do our own little workout. I brought my ab wheel that I got for my birthday from Casey, so I planned on using that for part of my workout!

Coach did arrive. At 10:40ish. She unlocked the shed so that we could use blocks. I usually start off my left leg, but my hammy was still aching, so I started with my right instead. Coach gavee a few tips, and while she talked to Jackie, I used the ab roller on my knees. I tried using it wide stance standing, but my hip flexer Charlie-horsed. So next time I try it standing wide stance I'll make sure my legs are well stretched and feel fresh.

After doing a little bit of block work and ab there I biked 10 miles back home. This time it was hot! On the way there, it was probably in the 70s or low 80s. On the way back it was in the high 80s or low 90s. Pretty darn hot with the humidity and sun.

I finally arrived home, showered and ate lunch. After lunch did a dump run and a few other various chores. I now am off to make buy some cleats, then watch Colleen's game!

1 comment:

  1. Good love makes you see the whole world from one person while bad love makes you abandon the whole world for one person camiseta de EspaƱa

    ReplyDelete