Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Grand Weekend and the End

This past weekend was amazing. On Saturday morning Shannon and I helped Mr. Rob move metal and ashes because his house burnt down recently. We helped him until just past 2pm. After that we headed to the Estes, washed up and then stayed at the Estes for a hour or two for Joel's graduation and graduation party! We played some volleyball, ate, and talked. Shannon and I had to leave at 5:15, so it was cut a little short. Why did we have to leave? Because we were heading to Ben's graduation party! Ben lives in Massachusetts, so it was nearly a 3 hour drive. The ride was a little boring, yet fun, because Shannon and were pretty goofy. We arrived a little before 8:30pm and talked with the VanDyke family. We then slowly went off to bed.

The next morning we got up, ate, went to Adult Sunday School and then to church. After church we helped set up for Ben's party. We finished around 2:45 and the party started at 3:00. At the party we saw some Deerwander folks, met some of Ben's friends, ate a Tom of food, played volleyball and just hung out and talked. After the party faded out (around 8pm) we hung out for a bit, played four square and relaxed until around 10pm. We then brought the last guest home (Jenny) and went back to the VanDyke's. At the VanDyke's we joked around and read some of Ben's graduation cards. We all were quite tired, so once we got the energy to get out of our chairs, we went off to bed.

The next day Ben, Shannon and I went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast with Jenny and Tina. We all were a bit zombie-ish, so the conversions were a bit off and funny. We left because Jenny and Tina had to go to school. We went home and did some chores, and then played Catan. We played a pretty cool version. I don't remember it's name, but had something to do with the sea. Still, it was pretty darn cool. After/during Catan we ate lunch: pulled pork and various salads. Ah, Heaven in a mouth full.

After lunch we played quite a bit of volley ball... it was almost time to leave... but then Shannon got a call from Dad asking if we could pick up Mom on our way home, so we just got 2 more hours of time at the VanDyke's!

We played a little more volleyball. We took a water break... during which Shannon threw a cup full of water at me. Of course, I returned the favor. It slowly turned into a full fledged water fight. Most of the Vandyke boys joined (3 of them), Joanna (spelled right?), Mr. VanDyke, Shannon and I also joined. At first it was cups of water, then water bottles, then water coolers... We fought with those until we realized we were getting the wall covered in mud. So we paused.. until we found a hose. Then we could fight without muddying up the wall! We wrestled, sprayed, dumped water all around. It was so much fun!!! I'd say it was probably the best water fight I've ever had! It even got pretty intense. I got kneed in the chest with my body weight and someone on my back. That hurt quite a bit, but didn't stop me. We continued the fight for probably over a hour. It was epic. Shannon and I then we on our 2.25 hour ride home. We both just started laughing randomly just remembering events of the past weekend. We arrived at home a little early, so we went home before we picked up Mom. Dad's tennis was cancelled, so we actually didn't have to go, he did.

For the rest of the evening I just relaxed and showered... I went to bed around 9:30, and woke up around 7 this morning. That brings me to today: the End

I finished my school off for the school year last Friday. My blog is considered school. So I will be blogging less. I enjoy some of this writing, so I will do random posts here and there. I might blog quite a bit, but who knows! So, if you read my blog daily, you may just want to check it weekly, or you could be wasting your time. After all, couldn't you spend that time running or swimming is the nice summer weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment