Saturday, June 23, 2012

FIRE!

Well, not a real fire, but close enough. Yesterday evening us Clarkes had the Donahue family over. I made 'best ever burgers', jalapeno poppers, and habanero poppers.

I cut up the peppers a while before they arrived 2 or 3pm. I did it bare handed. jalapenos? No problem. Habaneros? My hands burned (and so it all the skin I touched with my hands) until around 9pm. My thumbs still hurt a little today. That's just one sign to how hot these peppers were.

Jessi couldn't make it when the rest of the Donahue family did... but Jolie tried 1/2 a habanero popper. I ate one and her other half, because she didn't think she could handle the heat. They
were stinking hot! I had to drink a few glasses of milk. It finally faded.

When Jessi arrived she tried a habanero popper. She tried one. Then Jolie, not wanting to be beat by her sister, ate another one. Jessi, doing the same ate another, beating Jolie again. I then ate the last one so I wouldn't be beat either. It wasn't nearly as hot. I think some of my taste buds were burnt off. It was pretty awesome. I love the thrill of hot food!

The Donahues stayed until about 11:15pm. It was a pretty darn fun evening, full of fellowship, food and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment