Monday, October 24, 2011

End of the Season

Last week I mentioned how my team made playoffs. It was the first time Leavitt did in 4 years. We ended up playing Lincoln Academy. We had pretty much the same record, except they had a few more wins.

The game was at their field. I must say, they probably have the worst field in the entire league. They almost have an entire baseball field on the soccer field. No joke. They had a "flattened" pitchers mound on the field, the corner of the field had the home base area. To top it off, it was rainy and muddy. It was all alright, because both teams were playing on the horrible field.

The game started out pretty good. It was going back and forth the whole half, yet no one scored. The second half was nearly the same. Both teams were getting tired, so that was making it easier to score. In the last 5 minutes of the game, Lincoln scores. Our team becomes quite... mad, no one gave up. We still tried our hardest. I got drilled in the face with 4 minutes left which left my face numb and my vision slightly blurred. I call for a sub, got one and then watched the timer count down as Lincoln stalled the game as much as they could. My vision went back to normal after a few minutes of sitting, but there was only 2 minutes left on the game and subbing me in would just stall time which is not what we wanted.

We ended up losing the game, 0-1. It was one of best games, and our last game. Great season boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment