Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Odd Weather and an Awesome Weekend

You know, it's October. Frost is coming out. warm pies, bonfires and camp fires, and soccer will come to an end in a few weeks... but Maine has a mind of it's own. Friday's temperature was around 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Saturday was around 75 degrees Fahrenheit, so was Sunday, and Monday was only slightly cooler. That was weird, but awesome. I'm hoping the temperature will stay around 60 and 70 for the rest of soccer season.

Now for my awesome weekend. To start it off, my team won our game we had to win on Friday. It was tied 0-0 for most of the game, but in the last 20 minutes we scored 3 goals. That gave us victory. I also played a lot of my team and one of my coaches in chess on the bus rides. I won all the games I played (which was about 7 games). Guess I am kind of nerd. :)

On Saturday Abbey my oldest sister came home for the weekend. I barely get to see her because she lives in New York City for school and during the summer for her job. So I was happy she was home. That day we actually ended up going to Erik Simmler and Hannah (Field) Simmler's wedding! It was great to see them, and some other people I knew from Teenpact and other events!

On Sunday we just went to church, hung out with Abbey and played games. It was nice to relax...

On Monday, we had the a full day. The morning was full of cleaning and eating, and in the late morning Calvin came over. We hung out with him for a bit and then went apple picking. After apple picking we came home and I helped my neighbor put up some stairs. That took an hour, and when I came back the some of the Donahues, the older Este kids, and Jenna were at our house!

After hugs and hellos we all went over to Recreation Drive so we could play a game of Ultimate. Joel (an Este) and I were captains. The teams seem pretty even to me once they were picked. I believe my team threw the Frisbee first, and so it began. The game went well, going back and forth, my team ended up winning. I think the score was 5-3. I love Ultimate, and what makes it even better is when you have a really good throwing day. I had one of these. So I had a grand time.

When we were done Ultimate the Estes had to leave. After another round of hugging, the rest of us walked back to our house through the woods. When we got home we had a campfire and had some interesting conversations and food cooked over the fire. I also pulled out my hot peppers. The few people that dared try them felt the fire of Habaneros. It was awesome, and funny. Only problem was I learned to cut them with safety glasses... the hard way. Another wise, it was just yummy, funny, and really spicy!

Once in the middle of some of our random conversations a car pulled down our driveway. We were a bit confused at first, but then realized it was Jenny and her family! A friend of ours who lives in Massachusetts that we met at Deerwander! It was pretty awesome to see and talk to her for a bit!

Once the fire died down we came inside and Jenny and her family had to leave. When we were insides we played ping-pong, drew random things on peoples arms, talked and joked around until the Donahues and Jenna had to leave.

Over all, it was a grand weekend.

I'm guessing this was probably a boring post to the people that don't really know the people I talked about so next time I'll try and write about something more interesting than my weekend!

1 comment: