Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Playoffs

Yesterday I had a game that was supposed to decide if we made playoffs. The odds were quite against us if we lost. The game was against MCI. They are an ok team, but had a few really good foreign exchange students. One of them was extremely good, so I was to guard him most of the game. He was faster, stronger, and more skilled than me, so it was tough and if he got the ball it often took 2-3 players to take the ball back. That player scored two goals during the game, once while I not supposed to guard him, the other when I was. Overall our team totally out worked them, but just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net. I'm sure we had at least double their shots and triple their time controlling the ball. They beat us 2-0 in the end... That one player that scored their two goals was pretty much the only reason they won. So most of the varsity team were quite mad and bummed that they probably weren't going to playoffs. A strange thing happened on the way home from the game: coach got a few calls about the games that really mattered for us to make playoffs. All the teams we needed to win were winning, and all the teams we needed to lose were losing! It was extremely unlikely, but it happened! So now my team is off to playoffs! First game is this Saturday! I'm pumped!!! Leavitt boys soccer hasn't gone to playoffs in like 4 years! :D

1 comment: