Monday, October 3, 2011

Victory at Homecoming

Last Saturday was homecoming at Leavitt, so I had a soccer game then. On our team we have two captains that our team voted for and remain captains for the entire season. We also have a captain picked weekly by our coach who is captain for a week. One of our main captains was not there Saturday, so coach chose two captains for the game. The captains were Christian and I. It was pretty epic to be a captain on homecoming, so I was pumped.

The game was in horrible weather, but horrible weather can be fun: It was pouring rain off and on and sprinkling in between. The junior varsity played first, so by the time my game started the field was soaked. The weather made it pretty fun, but hard. I play more of a defensive position, and playing in wet weather makes it harder for the defense than the offense. The way it makes it harder for the defense is that all the offensive player has to do is make the defensive player go one way and the offensive player just goes the other way because it's extremely difficult to switch directions on a soaked field.

A few things happened our game which made me quite nervous. The biggest thing was that our best sweeper and defender was hurt with around 10 or 15 minutes in the game. That made me a little nervous, but the thing that made it worse was that coach put me as sweeper. Sweeper to me is pretty nerve racking because you're the last defense besides the goal keeper. Luckily I didn't do too bad and we didn't let any goals in.

Over all my team played very hard and well. Because of that, we won 2-0.

After all that us Clarkes visited our friends the Estes. I had a great evening with them and filled with awesome fellowship, great games, and grand pizza.

One more thing we did this past weekend was have the older Kidd kids over. We played a few board and card games and snacked most of the Sunday afternoon. One game we played was Catan: Cites and Knights. I'd try and explain Catan to you, but that would take forever and you still probably won't get it. Catan is one of few board game that competes with chess for me. It probably would beat chess if it were a faster paced and had a little less "luck" involved. It's a great game to play with friends though. In chess you can't talk as much, while in Catan you are required to talk. I ended up winning that of Catan game with Shannon right behind me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting weekend!! Love Catan!! You got a new version??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! It's way better than the original. A lot more things to do. That's another reason for you to visit!

    Yup! We both were owning the first game though. ;)

    ReplyDelete