Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Visit and Meteor Shower

Yesterday evening us Clarke's had Jenna and the Donahues over. Calvin, Abbey, Mom and Dad were out shopping when they all arrived, so it was just Colleen, Shannon, the Donahue girls, Jenna and I. Abbey, Calvin, Mom, and Dad came some time after supper but I don't remember exactly when.

It was a pretty relaxed evening, just talking, playing various games, and eating supper. Some of the girls painted their nails, but that's not really my kind of thing to write about, do that's as far as I'm going with nail painting.

Before the Donahues arrived, Jenna, Colleen, Shannon and I exchanged gifts. Jenna and Colleen worked together and bought me 3 bowties: a black one, a blue one, and a purple one. Bowties are cool. I know have four of them, one from Abbey, one from Jenna, and two from Colleen. I guess I need to get some more nice shirts to go with them. I probably won't wear the purple one without a black shirt, so I'll need one of those!

Anyways, yesterday even was quite entertaining. I enjoy playing games, and it's even more fun when some of the people playing are over tired or hyped up on coffee. It also makes it easier to win, but they didn't need to know that.

I wanted to go to bed early that night for two reasons. One: Calvin, Dad and I were working out at 6am in the morning, and I wanted to watch part of the meteor shower this morning. The girls were aware of that, and so they planned on leaving around 10:15. They almost did, but a funny event involving a mug, water, Shannon's elbow, and Abbey's face made them stay a bit longer.

Overall, I had a great evening. The Donahues and Jenna are pretty fun(ny) people to hangout with!

Now... on to this morning. I did get up in time to watch the last 15 minutes of the meteor shower. To do that, I had to get up at 4:45am. That's why I wanted to go to bed early. Because I only saw the end of of the shower, I only saw about 5 meteors. Which was ok with me because they were pretty bright ones!

After the shower was over I ate some food, and then went off to Planet Fitness to workout. I had an ok workout. Used light weight weights because of my shoulder injury, so it's wasn't that hard. I did do some heavy weight squats though, which was nice. But the thing that made this workout different was that Tim was there! I gave Tim some tips, and just talked to him for and bit, then continued my workout.

4 comments:

  1. And we think the Clarkes (and Calvin and Jenna) are pretty fun(ny) people to hang with too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I didn't drink toooo much coffee...Jolie is the one that got the giggles and jittery legs! I had lots of fun last night too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jolie!

    ...and Jenna, I wasn't going to name names of who had too much coffee, but almsot everyone ended up being hyper anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe..oooopss!!! Oh yes, pretty much everyone acted like they had too much coffee!!! :D It was still tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete