Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bad Game and a Funny Result.

Yesterday I had a game in Belfast. Belfast is about 2 hours away, so that was kind of a pain. Also, some guys fell asleep on the bus, which made them less alert in the game. We started off the game quite badly. We barely talked and had bad touches. In the second half we did much better with our touches, but still didn't gel as a team and talk. We lost that game, a close score though. Which also showed that we should have owned the field and won.

In the game, I played pretty well (but was guilty of not talking alot), I won a lot of balls out of  the air, some of which were drilled. I won most of them with headers, but I still got quite a few on my chest and my gut. I had the wind knocked out of me twice that game from drilled balls. One was on my gut, so it gave in, and knocked the wind out of me that way. The other was at the side of my ribs, just under my right peck (chest muscle). Ribs don't give way, so it took more power to knock the wind out of me. I didn't realize until I got home and took my shirt off for my shower that I had a soccer ball imprint right under my chest. I thought it was funny that it was still there five hours after the game. I find it even more funny that I still have it 18 hours after the game! I guess that guy kind of drilled the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment