Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weather, Hair and Soccer

To start off a conversation many people talk about the weather. That's what I'm going to do.

Up here in Maine where there are four seasons (mud-season, one month summer, fall, and winter), it is becoming fall. The temperature is dropping, leaves are changing and there is a sweet crisp in the air. Soccer is now starting to require under armor and warm-up jackets and pants. Soon there will be pie (and if I have it my way, lots of it!). Ah. I love fall... as one of my friends once said: "Autumn is definitely in my top four favorite seasons."

Even with this temperature drop, I wanted to get my hair cut. It was getting quite long and if I waited much longer it would be too cold to cut it. So my mom cut off about 3 inches of my hair. Now I have less than an inch. It's kind of funny now that my hair is that short, because my sideburns are about the same length as my hair.

Now on to soccer. My team hasn't won yet, but came very close. We lost and tied games that we should have obviously won. Tomorrow we play Oak Hill again. This is the team we should have beaten, but lost to. Last game against them we had about one and a half as many shots as they had, and nearly double the time with the ball in our possession. We just couldn't score. Tomorrow we are playing on our field (a bigger field, and we're in better shape) and we've worked finishing, so this should be a win.

1 comment:

  1. reminds me of the red sox game last night....they should've beat baltimore but they DIDNT....anyways..hope you win!

    ReplyDelete