Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SMASH

You may think that this post is about crashing, fighting, or something that causes smashing because of it's title. Actually it's about the acting group I'm in. SMASH is an acronym. It stands for: Southern Maine Association of Shakespearean Homeschoolers. It's quite a mouth full, hence why we call it SMASH. In SMASH we pretty much only do Shakespeare plays. So we get to act and learn some stuff about Shakespeare and older English.

In SMASH I have a bunch of good friends, some I met only a year or two ago, others I've known for almost 8 years. 8 years is half of my life, so they are quite close. Even some of the people I've only known for 2 or 3 years have become quite close.

Right now SMASH is having weekly classes on Wednesday's from 1-3pm to help us understand the play we are doing next, which is Much Ado About Nothing. I can't go because of soccer, but I believe they are doing the same classes later in the year after soccer is over.

I can't wait until SMASH starts to pick it up a notch... it's so much fun! Fellowship with great people, acting (also known as making a fool of yourself), and this year I'm playing the lead villain: Don John!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so you are playing Don John after all? Awesome. :) I'm so confused as to who's playing who . . . it keeps changing!

    ReplyDelete