Tuesday, September 20, 2011

This past weekend was quite busy for me. On Friday I did my school, and then had an intense game with Oak Hill. I was chosen by my coach to mark up on their best player. That's all I had to do, because if you let him run loose with the ball, you're a goner. He is fast, has great ball control and can shoot from half field. I had a good game and had him locked down most of the game. Sadly, Oak Hill scored the first goal on a slight break away. We scored later in the first half, tying it up. In the second half we could not score, even though our team had the ball nearly 75% of the time. We just couldn't finish.

With 23 minutes left in the game I was on a roll. Oak Hill's best player could barely get his feet on the ball, but in a few minutes I received a pass to my far left. I was off balance, and it was a crisp pass, so I made a lunge at the ball because the guy I was covering was right behind me. It was a rather cold day, and my muscles were stiff, and a few were bothering me, such as the one I stretched out when lunging for the ball. Due to those temperatures I pulled my groin muscle when I received the pass. I finished the play and then called for a sub, which can moments later. I was out for the game, and now Oak Hill's best player was being covered by someone a little slower then me who usually played offense. A few minutes later Oak Hill's player realized that the new guy was slower and wasn't as good at defense, and ended up having an assist and a goal.

I was quite frustrated with myself for lunging at that ball. We only scored once more that game so we lost 2-3. In the game, we had almost double the shots, and we had twice as much control over the ball, but that doesn't mean alot if you can't finish. We play them again this Friday. This time the tides better change.

Friday night I spent the night at the Richards' so that I could work with Tucker on Saturday. We worked on some stuff at their house, and then I worked from 12pm-4pm with him and then went home just to find Casey and Sarah visiting with my sisters! So after my shower we ate burgers, talked and watched a movie. The movie was pretty good, it was called Soul Surfer. After the movie Casey and Sarah left, I then went to bed. I was exhausted. The next morning we went to church and after church Colleen took pictures for the church directory. When we went home I just relaxed and nursed my injuries from my soccer game. It felt great to relax... That night we watched some Doctor Who. I must say, that is a hilarious TV show. It also has some pretty good plots. It can be quite odd sometimes, but it's still awesome.

On Monday I worked for Tucker again, had soccer practice, did some school that evening and then watched some more Doctor Who.

Now I have come to today. Where all I really did was some school. But in a few hours I will be playing a soccer game against Mt. View. Should be interesting. The trainer said I should take it easy on my injuries, but we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment