Friday, March 16, 2012

Biking and Birthday Party!

Yesterday wasn't that warm, but I wanted go bike anyway. I really wanted to bike far. Five miles was becoming pretty easy and boring. Usually bikers increase their milage by 10-20% per week. I was feeling crazy and felt like increasing mine by 100%. So that's what I did. I decided to do a 10 mile loop. I've never rode my bike there, I've only been driven in a car on the loop. You don't notice missive hills when you're in a car. So I was thinking it wasn't going to be very hilly. I couldn't have been more wrong. Luckily there was only two massive hills and a bunch of smaller hills. On the second, larger massive hill I was already tired from the past 7 miles of biking. I barely made it to the top. At the top I saw that it was flat ground with a slight decline, so I changed to a higher gear... but I was not the only thing strained, and I was going too slow to change gear. So I heard a few clunks and clicks which were followed by a dragging sound and no resistance on the peddles. My chain came off. Luckily it wasn't that hard to put on. It took me a few minutes, but I was back to biking in no time. By this time I pasted all the notable up hills. So it was easy cruising from then on. When I arrived home I looked at the clock. It took me 45 minutes. Guess I went faster than I thought on the down hills! I was expecting 60-75 minutes. Despite the last huge hill and chain issues, I had a great ride! I think I'll be doing that weekly until track is over if I'm not too busy.

Now, on to something more fun! Last night was Tucker's birthday party. He turned 17 yesterday. I met him when he was 8. So I've known him for more than half his life! That's pretty cool.

Before the birthday party and after my ride, I made some homemade hamburgers. I don't mean to brag, but they were really good. Maybe it was because I haven't had a ham burger in months, and that's why it seemed good.

Anyway, at the party was my family (besides my older siblings), Mr. Sturat, and the Donahue family. We had omega usual greeting of hugs, but because it was Tucker's birthday I had to pick him up and spin him around while saying happy birthday. Once we got settled in we played Trivial Pursuit; Chocolate Addition. Which pretty much meant if you got all the questions right, you get to eat the chocolate which the questions were on. Let's just say not many chocolates were eaten. After getting frustrated with that game, we decided to eat desserts that don't require questions to answer to eat. While we ate we all just joked around until we decided to play Imagine Iff. The game's max player limit was 8, we had 9 people at the table. Because I'm not a huge fan of that game I decided not to play. I just helped some players and laughed with and at the players.

Before they could finish the game we had to leave. We gave gifts to Tucker, and then did a round of hugs and were off. Overall, I'd say it was a grand night! Thank you Tucker for inviting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment