Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Insert Humorous and Joyed Title Here

Yesterday was (and probably will be) the best day of the week. That's saying a lot because of how great Monday was. I'll write a little about yesterday, because it was just that awesome.

First off I got up at 5. My alarm clock is/was messed up. It goes off an hour early, even though the main clock is on time. Instead of bumming around and falling asleep, I started my school and drank a green smoothie. I did school (and ate serval other things in the mean time) until 7, then I made breakfast for 7:30. Not many family members liked this. They thought it was too early. Anyway, after we finished breakfast I continued my school. Thanks to starting my school at 5 (and having a pretty light workload that day) I finished by 11:30. I then did chores until lunch... this is where the fun begins!

After lunch I finished off my chores and went outside for a plyometric workout on the small patch of dry dirt we have. Usually plyometrics are just hard and annoying, but doing them in the sun with a temperature of about 60 made it extremely enjoyable. Once I finished I took a breather and then did some ab workouts in the sun. That's when I found out that the dirt was not completely dry... but it still was awesome! When I was finished with all my semi stationary exercises I went for a bike ride. I figured that because my hip flexers were sore from hill sprints from the day before, and that I did plyometrics that day I would go much slower than my last bike ride around the same loop I did last week. This time I went around the opposite direction. The hills were much more spread out, making it easier... but to my surprise I did loop almost 15 minutes faster this time. Either those hills be spaced out helped a ton, or I'm gaining strength and endurance!

Now, that was extremely fun, challenging and enjoyable, but it wasn't quite the best part of the day! After I showed and shaved I helped clean the house for our soon to come guests: Casey, Jenna, and the Donahues.

Most of them were late (Casey wasn't). Which was ok, because if they were on time I might have started cooking too late. Because I had to cut up all the meat and most of the veggies. I was serving 15 people. Two of which were young(er) men, so that's actually 17 people. I made a ton of stir-fry, some rice, and steak fries. It was all just cooking through when the Donahue girls and Jenna arrived (which was around 5 or so). Mr. and Mrs. Donahue were coming around 6. We all hung out until then, just laughing, talking, and stirring the stir fry once in awhile. When Mr. and Mrs. Donahue arrived, the party started: it was time to eat!

I don't want to brag, but the fries were really good. A little too much 'zing' for some weaker mouthed people, but I love the extra 'zing'... I even added hot sauce to mine. The stir-fry was ok. I've made better, but it was pretty hard to make it all really good when it barely fit in our largest frying pans.

After everyone was bloated, we talked and laughed for hours. We pulled up sharpies (and some of my large pens) and drew tattoos. Corrie drew detailed ones, but I liked my idea the best: a bull's eye on someones arm. Which Jolie drew on Jenna. Then we started throwing markers at her. It was fun for everyone... but Jenna.

Eventually the side of the room I was on calmed down a little bit, but then Shannon and Casey (the other side of the room) got to fighting. They always seem to have tons of energy that they release along one another, giving entrainment for everyone else.

Slowly but surely everyone was realizing that they should head home soon... and so the party ended around 11. It was a great evening spent with awesome people... and that sums up my grand day!

I said I was going to write "a little" about yesterday. I guess I kind of lied... I didn't get into much detail though; I didn't want to make all of us sound dumb because we were pretty overtired. Thus I 'kind of' wrote "a little" about yesterday...but 'kind of' "a lot" as well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that was sooo much fun! And the spicy fries were amazing! Could I have the recipe please!!!??? Oh and it was corrie who had the bull's eye! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahha....yeah. That was me that got the bulls eye. :p

    ReplyDelete