Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day of Food

That's what yesterday felt like! I had an ok breakfast, but then I have Thai food with Abbey, Calvin, Mom, and Shannon for lunch! The food was amazing! I ordered a 'spicy stir-fried bamboo with duck meat'. There was a bunch more in it, but it was just part of the stir-fry! I was going go stuff myself and eat it all, but then I thought to myself: 'I'm going to the gym in less than an hour... stuffing myself with spicy Chinese food sounds like a really bad idea.' So I decided I'd take a box and eat it for today's lunch.

Colleen, Jenna and I went to the gym around 2. At the gym I tried a new chest exercise. It was intense. Burned the chest real fast... it pretty much was like throwing a punch, but with a cable resisting your punch. I'm going to be using that more often now!

On our way home I had a protein shake, which Is Pretty filling... When we arrived at our house we relaxed a little bit, then walked to one of the steeper hills on our road. I put on my 20 pound vest and then did 5 hill sprints. The girls did one. Then we walked back, and had some more protein via protein shake and peanuts. Jenna had to leave when we got to our home.

That night we decided we were having steak. I love steak. Dad told me that I should make steak fries and veggies and he'll make the steak. So that's what we did. Dad already found a steak fry recipe. I followed it, but it called for some pre-made brand spice that we didn't have. Because I didn't have time to find a new recipe I looked up the ingredients for the spice. I found two common variations. Knowing me, I decided up combine them. As I was making it, I realized that about 1/3 the ingredients were actually kind of spicy. Not that spicy for me, but for everyone else. I made it anyway because I was already late in making it. So after I cut the potatoes into wedges and coated them with olive oil and spices, I put it into the oven. While it baked I fried some green beans and boiled some corn (with a little butter). The whole meal was ready by 7:05. We all sat down to eat. Calvin and I ate a ton. Everyone else just ate until they were pretty full, and some had ice cream later. I loved the steak and the steak fries! The fries were a bit too spicy for everyone else, but I added habanero sauce to my ketchup for extra flavor. I plan on making those again (with less spice for everyone else's sake) for Jenna, the Donahues and maybe Casey who are coming over tonight for supper. I also plan to make stir-fry.

Why did I call this post: Day of Food? Because yesterday seemed to revolve around out grand meals we had... and I ate a ton of food.

On another, not-so-awesome note: I think I developed a slight forearm splint from too many pull-ups with a weak grip. Luckily, the pull-up is pretty much the only exercise effected from it... sadly, that is one of my favorite exercises. I learned from shin splints that I should rest. It's not worth the pain. I researched forearm splints over this weekend when I had time, and it turns out I can still do chin-ups without effecting the forearm splint. I didn't believe it. So I tried it. I had no forearm pain! So I guess taking 2-3 weeks off of the pull-up won't be that bad!

1 comment:

  1. Had a great afternoon! Oooh! those fries sound yumlicious! And habanero sauce in ketchup?? That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete