Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Run!

Yesterday was my first run of the year. The weather was amazing! It was 47 degrees out when I ran (for any southerns reading this, that's warm for Maine)! My run was very slow (for me at least), but then again, who's first run of the year is fast? I ran 2.2 miles in 18 or 19 minutes. Right now I just plan to build endurance. I'll do a bunch of slow long runs with a mix of hill-runs this month, then track should start and I'll work on my sprinting.

Today is supposed to be even warmer. Highs of around 60 degrees people! That's beach weather! Sadly, the lakes are still pretty icy, so I'll stick with biking today!

One last thing I'd like to mention: I've been researching an exercise. I've read that's it one of the best weight lifting exercises. It's called the dead lift. There are ton of variations of how you can do it. I plan on using it more for my legs rather than my back and I'll do it slower and more controlled then the classic lift-really-fast-and-drop style. I'll write more about it after I actually do it a few times!

No comments:

Post a Comment