Monday, March 19, 2012

Frisbee Time!

First off, I'll just let you know that I was miss informed about track. Track starts next Monday, not this Monday (today).

On Friday

So this past Saturday was our church's first youth group thing. Before it started I went on a bike ride. It was 5 miles in 20 minutes, which felt pretty awesome... Anyway, for the youth group thing we all just played games, talked, threw the frisbee around and ate snacks at our house. We were outside most of the day. It was extremely nice out! I think it was in the 50s or 60s all afternoon. It was a ton of fun! I realized how much I missed the nice weather and Ultimate.

The next day (Sunday), we went to church. It was even warmer than it was on Saturday! So after the church service I talked outside with a few of my friends until we decide we wanted ice-cream. We actually got three of the bigger families (one of those is us Clarkes) in the church to go. So it was nice to have a church fellowship with some awesome ice-cream.

When we were finished with our ice-cream went headed home, changed into athletic clothes, and picked up out Pastor and his son to go to an Ultimate game in Topsham that a church was putting on. We happened to know quite a few of it's members, hence why we were going. The game was pure fun. I love playing Ultimate! Even if I'm really rusty and my cardio wasn't ready. I'm used to running the entire field for almost 2 hours straight. I couldn't do that right now. Just another reason to run more! The game was extremely close. In the beginning my team was winning by a little, then got ahead by 3 or 4 points... but the other team slowly caught up. The game ended with a score of 16 to 17, the other team won.

During that game got myself quite a few blisters, felt like I dislocated my left hip, and I started with a sore ankle. It was totally worth it though! My hip already is feeling somewhat better, I might even go for a bike ride or run today, depending on how it feels. I can't wait for more Ultimate games!

No comments:

Post a Comment