Monday, March 12, 2012

We are Party Animals.

Well, kind of. This past weekend we had two parties. One at our house for Shannon's birthday, and one was the cast party. But before all this happened, Abbey came home for a visit because she has spring break. So does Calvin, so he's spending the week with us as well.

Anyway, back to the parties. Saturday afternoon Tim, Angie, Gabe and Addie came over to celebrate Shannon's 19th birthday. It was a nice relaxed party. Pretty much hung around, talked, ate snacks and cake, opened gifts, etc... Around 4:30ish Tim, Angie, Gabe and Addie decided to leave. After they left we got ready to head over to the cast party. Then, of course, we headed over there. The cast party was huge. Two casts+their families+some older SMASHers=over 100 people in not-the-largest-building-of-all-time. It was a grand time to hangout and see all the SMASHers. Sadly, it was too short and too chaotic to hangout with everyone I wanted to hangout with for as long as I wanted to hangout with them. That just means I'm going to have to plan things and work on my biking.

A few highlights of the party were a preview of the show on DVD made by Adam Simmler, tons of salad and pizza, Ninja, Do You Love Your Neighbor?, and just plain old hanging out. Another thing that made my day was that about 1/3 of the cast wanted dragon or heart tattoos drawn by Corrie thanks to her amazing job drawing mine for the play. I saw this and decided to have a unique one. So I got a snake coiled around my left bicep/tricep. Yup, some people wanted one afterwards, but I don't think they got any.

Overall, the two parties were amazing! I had a grand time!

Just a funny note... the time change threw my phone off more than me. Yesterday the alarms just decided not to go off, thus making me almost not make breakfast in time for church. Then this morning it decided that because I made my alarm before the time change, I wanted it to go off an hour early. It went off at 5am. Hence this early post. My phone has a death wish...

1 comment:

  1. Posted at 2:43 AM? Oh my, your phone really does have problems!

    ReplyDelete