Monday, March 26, 2012

Semi-Quick Post...

I could write a lengthy post about the HOME convention, but I don't have the time, because track starts today! Instead I'll just write a quick post about my weekend...

So, Mom, Colleen, Dad and I went to the Samoset Resort late Thursday afternoon. By the time we got there pretty much everything had ended for the day. We saw Caleb Reed (a Deerwanderer) briefly as he was leaving. That night Colleen and I just hung out. Mom and Dad went to a supper only for people 'in the loop', you could say. Colleen and I ordered a pizza from Dominoes for our supper. We ordered it a little late, so by the time we got it, we both were very hungry... and thus ate the whole large pizza. That night I slept on the floor.

The second day there Colleen and I hit the gym early. I only did abs, while Colleen pretty much did a light, full body workout. After our workout we ate and got ready for the day. Throughout the day we went to presentations and hung out Anna, the Reeds, the Gartoffs, and some other various friends! The Reeds, Colleen, Anna and I walked/jogged a little the breakwater during the lunch break. Colleen and Anna stopped part way so Anna could eat. The rest of us continued on. It was high tide and very windy. Once we got more than halfway out the waves were splashing over the breakwater a bit. We reached the light house at the end, slightly wet from the knee down. We then headed back and ran into Anna and Colleen on the way. They turned around with us.

For the rest of that day Colleen, Anna, Elisha and I hung out. Ben, Sarah, Caleb and Sam joined for a bit off and on. That evening the Simmlers and our family went out for an early supper at KFC. The funny thing was that there was a miss communication between families of who was bringing Anna to KFC. It ended up that no one did. So one of the Simmler boys headed back and picked up Anna.

After that evening's presentation our friends all left (they all commuted). I went to bed pretty early that night. I didn't sleep much the night before.

The next and last day (Saturday) I woke up, did some ab work again, and then had breakfast and showered. I then went downstairs and had a second breakfast. After my breakfasts the Reeds showed up. So I hung out with them for most of the day, once again. Anna and Colleen were buds again and joined us guys for a lot of the day.

That day we went out to the breakwater again. This time the Estes, Mr. Stuart, Rebecca and Elizabeth (Anna didn't, we forgot to tell her we were going) joined us as well. It was much nicer weather that day: much less wind, no water splashing over. It was a bit chillier, but that was nothing compared to the wind chill of the day before.

It was a fun but short trip. The Estes, Mr. Stuart and Rebecca couldn't stay long. After they left, we all just hung out and went to seminars for the rest of the day. When it ended. We did a little cleaning up and everyone left. Us Clarkes visited the Hughes that night for supper. It was a superb supper, and great fellowship! After the visit with the Hughes we headed home... Quite exhausted. We arrived home around 11pm, and went right to bed.

On Sunday we went off to church. After church we had some fellowship time, and then headed home and rested until home group. At home group we watched a video that we bought at the HOME convention: How Big is God? It was quite impressive, and made you rethink, how huge God is. He's huge...

After the video we all fellowshiped until about 7, and the younger Estes came over. Kenan and Mr. Estes hung out for a bit. The younger Estes spent the night and are still visiting/being babysat. That brings me to now. Lunch time!

I kind of failed making this into a 'quick post'. It didn't go into much detail, but still turned out long. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment