Friday, April 20, 2012

Busy Week.

I could write a really long post about this week... but I don't really have the time, because it's still busy. So I'll write a brief as I can.

I'll start this off saying that I had no track practices this week because it was vacation week. So that gave me a little more free time. I started lifting again this week because of that time. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain that when track gets busy again.

This past Tuesday I did my school, ran, lifted and then went with Millie and Kevin to the Richards' for a workday, Airsoft, and a cookout. When we arrived there, the Richards' were getting a grill in town, so we just threw my frisbee around until they came back. Once they did, the work started. We worked on cleaning out their basement for a few hours. It was actually pretty fun, probably because work is always 10 times better with friends.

When the cleaning was over, we all played Airsoft for a bit. Actually, more like 2 hours. That was really fun, despite gun issues in the middle of battles.

When we finished, Mr. Stuart, Colleen, and Sarah arrived and we started cooking. We only needed a few people to cook, so most if us went down in the newly cleaned basement to play darts. Most of us were pretty bad, so it was pretty entertaining!

Bonnie and Taylor came over a few minutes after we finished cooking the food. We all ate, talked over supper and relaxed.

When the meal tapered off slowly, Tucker and Kevin disappeared. Then we see Tucker do his 'stealthy run' with an Airsoft machine gun in hand. Then Tucker and Kevin have there little battle for a while. Sarah, Colleen, Millie and I soon joined. It was now the tail end of dusk, so you could actually sneak around more without being shot. It was pretty darn fun...

After all the Airsoft fighting, we did a bunch of weird/dumb/funny things for awhile, and then headed home.

Wednesday wasn't as busy. So I'll just skip over to Thursday.

Thursday I got up at 6:15am and got ready for my track meet. Ended up leaving the house at 7am. We got to where the bus was to bring us trackers to Waterville, and there was only 4 guys and our coach. Slowly, people started arriving. Only 18 team members were there. Two where going to meet us at Waterville, but around 15 people who said they could make it, didn't. We had about half our team. Our team is small, but it was tiny that day. We still competed. On the bus ride we actually changed up our events a lot. Because it was a relay only meet, and most (if not all) our relays were missing people. We had a few people try out new events for them. It made a pretty fun, and funny meet! I ran in the 4x800, the sprint medley (200, 100, 100, 400) I ran the 400, then I ran in the 4x200. It was a sunny day... I got pretty tired. I also got quite burnt.

When Leavitt was finished, I went with my fan club (aka: Shannon, Colleen, Mom, Nick, Joel, Corrie, Libby, and Colin) to the Phillips' house. There we ate a late lunch, played Spud, threw the frisbee around, and climbed trees. Sadly, we headed home after that. Corrie spent the night last night as well. So she'll be coming to the talent show I'm in today at Corner Stone Baptist Church. Over all I'd say it was a pretty epic day yesterday!

My hamstring was hurting all week. It hurt quite a bit yesterday from all the running. I think playing capture the flag the day after tough meet put it over the edge and made it hurt again. I pulled it really bad a few years ago. Guess it never healed all the way. Now I'm just wrapping and icing it. Hopefully it'll heal faster this way, because it's making me frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment