Monday, April 9, 2012

Sickness

So, let's look at this from the bright side. I'm sick, but when was the last time I was sick? I believe I had a tiny cold (didn't count) during SMASH, but before that, it was the first week in January. Now, I had probably the weakest immune system in my family. Hence why I always got sick first, stayed sick longest, and was hit the hardest. I've researched a lot about the immune system since then, and talked to friends who were more knowable in the subject.

After all that research, I've been eating much ('much' as in 'a ton') less sugar, eating more veggies, drinking green smoothies, having yogurt almost every morning, and using honey on things that I would usually use sugar for. I've felt much healthier, haven't got sick nearly as much, and as a bonus, I got myself a six pack! Now, that was not only due to my eating habits changing, but because I've been working them hard and have been doing cardio 5-6 days a week ever since track started, and 2-3 days a week before track.

I have gotten sick again though. Why? I believe it was due to having sick team members, sick family members, not resting quite enough, followed by a hard days work in the cold. That made it pretty hard not to get sick. My goal is to kill this cold before Thursday. Thursday is my first track meet. I want to qualify for KVACs on the 100 meter my first meet, because that'd be plain out epic.

On a side note, I shaved my beard off. Shannon said I looked more like a carton, round, and a caveman. Don't ask me why, she's just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment