Monday, April 2, 2012

Fawnwander!

Last Friday I had a time trial practice at Track. It was terribly windy, but our times later this year will just seem so much more amazing because of that slow down. I ran a 6:06 mile, and a 1:05 400 meter. Not that grand, but I'm fine with the mile... really want to work on my sprint though.

After my practice Millie and Sean came over and spent the night so that they could ride with us to Fawnwander Saturday morning.

Before I go on further, I'll just say this is going to be a really short post compared to the extreme fun I had. I could write everything out in detail, but it'd take hours, most people reading this would not understand and then get bored and stop reading.

7:15am, Saturday morning we left. First off we went to my Aunt Debby's house. We help her move. That took pretty much the morning. We then continued on to Massachusetts, where Fawnwander is held. The trip down was surprisingly fun! Blaring Mumford and Sons, making lame (and some good) jokes, reading really dumb signs, and yelling at the GPS can be quite fun with good friends!

When we arrived, our voices were nearly gone already. Fawnwander usually involves yelling, so by the end of it all, I sounded like a smoker.

At Fawnwander we had a few good talks, but they weren't that deep. That's not exactly what we came for. We came for the fellowship... which was awesome! I hung out with some of my great Deerwander friends for nearly two days.

Part of the Fawnwander event was going to the YMCA. That was pretty fun. I got sweaty playing volleyball and dodgeball, then cooled off in the pool and used a paddle boat or two in the pool.

I must say, I really enjoyed the events going on at Fawnwander, but they still didn't compare to the fellowship... and that's saying a lot, because we played with the frisbee a bit!

When the epicness of Fawnwander ended, us Mainers and a few other people who were friends with Ben Vandyke, went to Ben's house for his birthday party. That was also, quite fun! We had to leave at 4:00pm that Sunday afternoon to get back at a reasonable hour. We had another amazing car ride... even though Sean's GPS took us through the back roads (some were sketchy). We stopped by my Aunts new house and picked up something we forgot, and then headed home, laughing probably about 1/3 of the trip, yelling for 1/3 of the trip, and singing, eating, talking or punching for the other third of the trip!

Overall, it was a grand weekend. If you could get an overuse injury from laughing, I'd have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment