Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Starting the Planche

I have been saying I'll start training for a planche for almost a month, and I've decided to stop procrastinating. It's a new month, so it'll be easy to track how many months it takes for me to get a planche.

Now, not many people know what a planche is. Even experienced lifters don't know what this is. That's probably because it's a gymnast workout. If you turn it into a pushup, it would be one of the hardest pushups you ever do. Why? What is the Planche? It's the up position of a pushup, but your feet are off the ground. Sounds like death of the shoulders to me. I just started my training for this past Monday (being the first weekday of April). It's going to be tough to get this.

If you consider yourself pretty fit, let me know and then we can work/compete to this together. If you think you're not as fit as I am, thus don't want to try, think of it like this: I have a strong lower body. Strong lower body=heavy lower body=hard to do a planche. The reason I seem fit is because I run, jump, and now bike a lot. I do a lot of upper body lifting in the winter, but less during the spring/summer/fall. Just message me somehow and I'll let you know what I'm doing, and you can try!

If you can't do at least 15 (slow and near hip) pushups or at least 30 (fast and near shoulder) pushups, then don't try this. You need a good base of fitness. Also, to get the planche it will probably take you 4-18 months depending on your fitness and dedication. I'm guessing it will take me about 6-12 months. I'm excited though, I already had minor improvements in my balance from only two days of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment