Friday, April 13, 2012

Personal Records

So, last year my personal record (PR) for the 100 meter dash was 12.26 seconds. That was after spending months on my start and training to become faster. I even used different and better spikes than I have now. I borrowed my friend's pair because he didn't have a race that day and it was my last chance at qualifying. Guess what I ran yesterday in my 100 meter? A 12.26. I tied my PR from last year, in the first meet. I'm pretty pumped. Guess weight lifting sure helps!

Last year I ran the 400 meter dash. I didn't do that well. My PR was around 59 or 58 seconds. That's not very competitive. Then again, I never ran it with spikes, which are a huge help. That event is tough and rough. It usually needs a lot of conditioning. This was our first meet. I ran it in 56.77 seconds. That a PR! On the first meet! I'm pretty happy about that. I was also in the 4x100 and the 4x400. The 4x100 we did in 48.64 seconds, and the 4x400 in 3 minutes and 59.80 seconds. That's not a great 4x400 time, but it's the first meet, we're just trying things out! But that 4x100? That's a great time! We averaged at 12.16 seconds per 100 meter leg. My PR time is 12.26, and I have the fastest time on the team. I think part of was that we handed off the baton at sprinting speed, so I was the only one who had to build up speed because I started the relay. Over all, I'd say it was a great way to start the season!

Something kind of funny to note, my abs are a little bit sore from yesterday's runs. Guess that shows that you really do use your core when you run, and that I need to work on mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment