Friday, April 6, 2012

Track Makes Me Hungry

So, I do eat a lot. You shouldn't doubt that. I eat more when I lift or do any exercise... but when I work my body really hard, I eat a ton. Yesterday after track we had a parent meeting. So I got home later than usual... I also ran 8 400 meter runs with an average time of about 78 seconds that day. With about 1-3 minute rest times, but I had a 5-8 minute break at the half way point. That's only part of my workout. We did a 1.8 mile run for a warmup, a little core and block starts. So my body was tired. I drank a protein shake and some Gatorade within 30 minute of finishing the workout. That usually holds me until supper. But the extra 45 minute delay and extra hard practice made me extremely hungry by the time I got home.

Colleen was making quasidillas with Nina and Kelsey. Because I had to wait a bit longer, I did my quick planche training for the day, and then showered. I told everyone I could eat three quasidillas. quasidillas are pretty big, my family members usually eat 0.5-1.5. I was super hungry. I ate two before anyone finished their first. I then ate my third. Colleen and Dad split the last one. I was fully. Not completely stuffed. I thought I was good for the night. Guess what? Less than two hours later I was hungry. So I had a couple of my chocolate/banana protein milkshakes. One batch fills 2 and 1/2 glasses. I gave Dad 1/2 a glass. No one else wanted any of it, so I just finished it off. I to top it off I had a few glasses of water.


Moral of the story? Don't starve your body if you're trying to lose weight with running. Your body will hate you. Granted, my metabolism is very fast, but part of that is because I eat a lot and pretty healthy. I'm trying to gain a little muscle mass, yet while eating all that I probably gained less than a pound of anything. Food is your body's fuel. Try driving your car while only filling it to just above empty. You'll be making a lot of stops and won't get anywhere fast. That's boring and won't let you reach your goal quickly!

Then try running your car on cookies and/or soda (but keep your tank full). I bet you you wont get very far. So make sure you feed your body with the right stuff to keep it running.

I can keep going on with these car examples... so I will!

If you keep your car parked for years on end, it will rust, degrade and it would take a lot of work to get it running again. Use your 'car' more: Run. Lift. Exercise!
...but, don't drive your car all the time. Driving your car hundreds of miles a day will kill it fast. Same goes for your strength. Too much exercise can be bad. Don't worry, this is hard to do!

On that note, don't leave your car idling all the time. That will draining it energy (gas). Sleep. Sleep at least 6 hours a night. 7-9 hours is best, in my opinion. That might mean going to bed earlier. Horror.

Ok, I'm done with the car examples... I don't know much about cars anyway! Just keep fit! It's easier than having to lose weight over and over again. If you have to get fit, remember it will take a lot of work, but keep with it. It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment