Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tired

Yeah. I'm tired. Not the usual tired, like had a tough day and lacking a little sleep. I'm tired as in I worked really hard, days on end, while getting sick. I've pretty much recovered from the sickness I received, but it hit me right after a very hard workout. Because of this my muscles took much longer to recover. Usually I feel fine by the end of the next day after I did my hard workout. Maybe a tad sore. That was not the case this week. I was lacking some sleep from the weekend, then I had a hard workout on Monday. Got sick. Had a medium workout on Tuesday (seemed hard because I was super sore). That night I slept in 3 different intervals of 2-4 hours of sleep. I slept a lot, but not very well. Yesterday I felt fully recovered from the sickness by lunch time. I was still quite sore and tired. Luckily we had a really easy practice, because of today's meet. My team had a pasta dinner(ish) at 3:30. Some of us kicked the soccer ball around for a ball around until the bus came to bring us to our towns. During soccer I moved my shoulder in the wrong position and now it hurts again. Guess I didn't ice it or rest it enough after all.

When I arrived in Greene I walked home, showered, changed into my dress clothes and got my bow-tie on. Then Shannon, Colleen and I headed over to a pasta dinner our church put on for a fund raiser for the Haiti trip some of our members are going on (Shannon and my mom included). I was a volunteer for the dinner, but I didn't do much. I did get to see an old friend of mine: Connor Crawford. Turns out he is competing against me in meet tomorrow! Sadly, this week I'm not doing the 100 meter dash or the 200 meter dash, which he is in. He is in the 4x400 meter dash, but he's on his team's B team and I'm on my team's A team. I still might race against him because A teams and B teams tend to race together in the 4x400. I'll also be running the 4x100 and the 800 meter run. Hopefully I'll have enough energy to do well!

Anyway, back to last night. I went go bed around 10:30... and slept into (after turning my alarm off at 6:45am) at 9am. Wholly sleeping in! I haven't done that in a long time. Guess I was more tired than I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment