Monday, April 23, 2012

Ultimate!!!

This past Saturday was extremely fun, despite the fact I received a frustrating injury.

It started off with a good breakfast, and then I went off and helped my pastor's sons destroy their walkway. Don't worry, he wanted it done. They are going to replace it with gravel soon. Breaking the pavement was pretty fun, and surprisingly easy. Because of this, we finished a hour early! With that extra time ate some really good dessert that Mrs. Almquist made, played Pentago and then climbed trees to get large dead branches out of them. When we finished I went home to do some chores. After I did my chores I did a workout. Sadly, I wasn't very smart and choose a weight I could easily dumbbell bench press, but was difficult to get off the floor while laying down. On my second set I pushed them up, but half way up off the floor my left dumbbell weight slipped and it fell to the floor putting my shoulder in a weird position with too much weight; re-injuring my shoulder. Needless to say, once I heal I won't be doing heavy weight benching without a bench again. Too dangerous for my shoulder joints.

That evening a bunch of our friends over for the evening (Donahues, Estes, Kidds, Doug, and Kyle). For the first hour we just waited for people to arrive, ate snacks, played some basketball threw the frisbee around. I didn't play basketball because it required two hands and frisbee is obviously a better sport. After a bit Joel tried to get everyone to play Ultimate. At first only a few said they would, then a few of us yelled it and everyone got in the cars and went off to the field to play Ultimate. I had my shoulder wrapped, so it was a little harder to run and I couldn't really use my left arm to catch. Luckily I've practiced many times my one handed catches so it wasn't that bad. At first we picked team and they were totally stacked. So we redid the teams. Throughout the game we had tons of funny things happen, epic(ish) catches, and just a ton of fun (or so everyone claimed). Eventually the team I was on started winning by a lot. So I switched to the other team while Kevin switched to my old team. The first two points I was utterly useless. I had my teams mixed up and threw he frisbee to the wrong people and guarded my own team members. When I clicked with my team we had a comeback. 2-9, turned to 15-11, giving us the win. All I really did was throw the frisbee far and block the frisbee when they came close to our end zone!

One play we did was throw the disc to the other team then just lay down. It totally confused them. So they messed up near their end zone (dropped it) and we then eventually turned that into a touchdown. Overall, I had blast. A left shoulder injury won't stop me!

When we all were pretty tired (I think I was the only one properly hydrated for Ultimate, because they all were really thirsty), we all went back to our house and ate a ton of food. Well, at least I did. We had chicken, chicken is full of protein and potassium! I ate enough and soon enough so I wasn't sore the next day.

When is started getting buggier, cold and dark we headed inside. Inside we talked, joked a ton, ate food, and played a few games. That's how I finished my epic Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment