Monday, April 30, 2012

Soccer, Music and Knights

This past Friday us Clarkes had Corrie, Kevin, Millie and Grace over. I got home from track and only had a little time to get ready for a play we were going to that night. The play we were going to was called: Daze Without Knights. Sean and Josh (two friends of ours) were in the play. The play was pretty good and very funny! I know I had a good time... even though I was called on stage to be a 'knight' and fight with dried out bread sticks. Yeah. That was pretty fun!

After the play was over we went over to Moody's Diner with Sean and his family for pie. Everyone (I believe) besides me ordered ice-cream with their pie. You may think I ate less than everyone else... but I ended up finishing about 1/3 of Colleen's pie, 1/3 of Shannon's and 1/4 of Corrie's. So I got to try three different kinds of pie (Shannon and Corrie had the same) and had more pie... because everyone knows pie is a billion times better than ice-cream.

When we finished talking and eating we left for home. It was pretty late by now so when we got home we just crashed.

Saturday I slept in (yay! I've been really tired lately...), so I got up around 9 o'clock. I made pancakes and bacon for everyone. I didn't have any pancakes. I had a bit healthier meal. I also didn't make a lot of pancakes because we had homemade bagels, (not homemade) yogurt and fruit to eat. I had a well rounded meal. Said said to me at during breakfast that she always wondered how people could eat a balanced out meal... She said it was too hard. Then she said that it's easy for me because I eat so much. I guess that's true! Doesn't mean you can try if you eat like a fly. Did you see my rhyming skills?

Anyway, enough about food. I'm getting hungry again. After breakfast we pretty much just chilled and slowly got ready for the afternoon's adventures: Soccer, visiting and listening to a concert!

We headed out around 1pm. I don't remember the exact time, but that doesn't really matter. On the way we picked up Jolie. That filled our 7 seater van up to 8 people. She's not that small, do it's ok... but the way we were seated Kevin and I were the ones being double buckled. We probably would have rearranged, but we were in a rush. Still, I weigh 160, Kevin weighs around 135. Everyone else in the car was s girl, so I'm pretty (very) sure they were lighter. But I was told it made an entraining ride for everyone else.

When we arrived in Waterville Kevin and I were pleased to vacate the car. It was a bit chilly and quite windy. It was a good thing we were going to play soccer, not Ultimate. The wind would have made it very difficult to throw accurately.

Most of the girls in our car didn't want to play. They ended up quite chilled. I told them to play! It'd keep them warm! After we picked teams, I knew it was unfair. My team had more experienced players. I ended up scoring, then a little bit later we switched up the teams when some more soccer players arrived. I believe I was the only guy running track there. I run the 400 and the 800. Both require a lot sprinting and fitness. So I was probably in the best shape. Kenan (opposing team) was close, but he hasn't played soccer for 10+ years, like me. I knew how the flow went and had better foot work. My team also had all the Clarkes. We think and play alike. We also had a few guys from a local highschool team (class A or B, not sure), but the other team had more of them.

Now, I'm on a class B team. My team is actually pretty bad for class B... so I'm probably not all that good... but I guess I my fitness and skills payed off. In the second game I got a hat trick (3 goals) and helped out my defense. The team I was on ended up winning 4-0. It was really fun! About 2 1/2 hours of soccer has got to be fun!

When we finished a lot of us were coated in mud, which was half of the fun! We headed over to the Phillips, showered and ate hot dogs, potato salad, and chips! Not the healthiest, but it's still good once in awhile!

After supper we all just chilled, played games, and talked. In a couple hours we all headed off to a concert that Nick, Joel, Mr. and Mrs. Estes were in! It was an extremely good concert on the creation! I can't really explain it... I'll just say it was epic. Because, it was.

After the concert we hung out for a bit and talked with some SMASHers. It was so much fun! We were all pretty tired when we left. Which made for some pretty weird and random conversions. We dropped off Jolie and Corrie at their house on the way home, and the Kidds spent the night at our house again because we were just going to go to the same church in the morning, might as well save gas!

After a great service we relaxed for a few hours then headed over to the Almquist's for an ice-cream party! That lasted a few hours and was pretty interesting! We headed home once again... my family and a few folks from our church wanted to go to the concert (they were performing again) that we went to Saturday night. I wanted to go, but I was really tired. Track and Soccer does that to me, and I knew today (Monday's are usually the hardest) is going to be a tough workout and I barely even ate a supper, I needed my rest and food. So I didn't go and ate a large supper and got some good rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment