Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stairs. Yup.

Stairs. Stairs are these useful things that help you get to higher or lower floors in buildings, to go up or down to your porch, and sometimes climb a mountain. That's good and all, but they can also be used to give you an extreme quad burn! Yeah. That's what my coach had us do yesterday. Run up a flight of stairs stepping on every step as fast as we can. 5-6 times with no rest. Brandon and I did it 7 seven because we felt like it. After we finished our 5-6 sets with no rest we did 30 crunches, 12 pushups, 15 burpees (pushup with a jump squat), 30 squats, and 30 lunges (15 each side). Then we did the 5-6 sets of stairs again. This time we alternated between two step and one step. So one was more power, the other was turnover. Then we did all the bodyweight exercises again. Once we finished we did the stairs once more and this time alternated between 3 step, 2 step, and 1 step. Of course, we did the bodyweight exercises again.

I can't remember if we did the whole circuit again or not. It kind of became a blur after the third set. I tell you what though, my quads are sore today! Doing all that with no rest really burnt out my quads. I couldn't really keep my legs straight when walking down stairs later that day. My quads just gave out. I love that kind of workout! Try it out. Maybe if you're not quite ready for this do so few less sets. So like 3-5 instead of 5-6. The point is to do it over again so you you are working hard after you're tired. Stairs can be a grand workout tool if you use then!

No comments:

Post a Comment