Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weighted Vest

Yesterday I brought my weighted vest to track. I was going to bring it Monday, but it was too wet and it was raining most of the day. Anyway, yesterday we only really worked on starts, a little plyometrics and events. During the starts is when I use the vest. A few people wanted to try it out (even my coach), a few of them put it on, and didn't even want to try running. It didn't seem that bad at all to me. I felt a little slower, but it didn't seem to require much more strength. After all, it was only at 20 pounds... I must have been wrong, or light plyometrics have become too hard: My legs and lower back are sore! I think I'm going to work a weighted sprinting day into my weekly routine this summer to increase speed. After all, you can't have too much speed during Ultimate Frisbee or soccer!

No comments:

Post a Comment