Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Planche Progression

Last week I started working on my planche everyday. I did work on it a few times before, but I've noticed great improvement from working on it everyday. My plan is to do a total of 60 seconds of static holds everyday after my workout. Monday last week I could barely hold the 'Frog Stand' for 15 seconds. The Frog Stand pretty much is putting your knees on your elbows, then leaning forward so that your feet are off the ground. All it really does is challenge your balance and wrists.

Now, the first half of the week I slowly improved. By Wednesday I could hold it for 20 seconds. For some reason, my balance skyrocketed from there. On Friday and Saturday I could hold it for about 40 seconds. I rested Sunday. Tried again yesterday. I held it for 60 seconds. So, I guess that means it's time to move on to the Tuck Planche! It's the same thing as the Frog Stand, but your knees are off your elbows. It wouldn't be that hard, but to make it count, I need my arms straight and my hips to be level or slightly higher than my shoulders. That's a lot of shoulder and core strength. I've read that this is going to be much more difficult. I'll probably only be able to hold it for 3-10 seconds, even though I can hold the Frog Stand for 60 seconds. I'm pumped though, I plowed through the Frog Stand in just over one week. It'll probably take me a month or a little more to get through the Tuck Planche. Should be challenging, but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment