Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Exercises I Enjoy...

So, almost every person has an exercise they prefer. My favorite exercise (by far) is Ultimate Frisbee. I enjoy almost any sport, though... So I'm not going to start listing those off. I'll just list a few exercises I enjoy that the average person may consider terribly unenjoyable. For example: the pull-up. I love the pull-up. It's fun because it helps your ability to climb and it requires fitness, not just strength. I must admit, when I was terrible at pull-ups (in comparison to where I am now) I didn't like them all that much. Only being able to do 2 or 3 wasn't very fun. The nice thing about that was it was very easy to gain in numbers. I could double my pull-up number in a few months. Now, I can only add one or two per month... if I keep up with it. They are still enjoyable though, because I can beat all my friends in a contest with them.

You may think because I enjoy pull-ups, I enjoy pushups. I don't really. They get boring, and don't feel as productive. They are a great exercise, but I prefer the pull-up.

I enjoy biking and running as well. I mainly like running because it makes me better at my sports, and it's just kind of fun in the summer! As for biking, I really want to get places with my fitness... biking is the way to do that! Also biking will give me stronger quads, which I really want for all my sports.

I enjoy ab exercises, but not the 'hold-still-as-long-as-you-can' ones. I like movement in my exercise. The reason I like ab exercise is because the abdominal burn is actually pretty fun... it's like a challenge: 'how long will you last?' Though, ab exercises have to vary, otherwise it's like: 'how long until you get bored?'

I enjoy weight lift in general. Some exercises I like and some I don't. I like it best for results, because you can see them pretty fast when weight lifting.

There are tons of other exercises I enjoy, but I won't list them all.. that'd be just a plain out boring post. What kind of exercise do you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment