Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Superbowl

In my opinion, the Superbowl is pretty lame. It's quite boring. I almost fell asleep watching it, even when I was at someone else's house. Probably one of the biggest reasons is because I don't like football. It's just boring to me. I'd rather watch soccer, track or frisbee... and I'd rather play those sports than watch them. Another reason I don't really like the Superbowl is because in actuality, they are only playing the sport for about 20 minutes. The rest is the refs talking, team huddles, and ton of commercials.

Some people say they watch the Superbowl for the commercials... I agree that it's more entertaining, but a bunch of them bug me. A lot of them are quite inappropriate. Also, many car commercials are just boring, and there are tons of them.

Oh... and why must half time shows be so boring? Or weird? And sometimes creepy? They also need to get some good singers, like Red, Linkin Park, and other bands that don't only use that high pitched (annoying) techno voice. I mean, you sound like a emotional robot... isn't that what Siri is for?

Probably the best thing about the Superbowl is the food. I ate a ton of food. Most of it was really good! Most of it was also really bad for you, but I tried to avoid all the desserts... so I balanced it out by having nearly no sugar.

Along with the food, the other good thing about the Superbowl (this only sometimes happens) is when someone your age doesn't care who wins (just like me), and you can play card games and talk about slightly more logical things than about how terrible one team is, yet they're just getting lucky and are winning.

At the end of every post I'm going to try and say something about how the pushup push is going... so here it is!

Day one made realize this is going to be real hard. My first few sets of 30 made me think: "Pah! I should increase my reps per set! This is easy!"
Yeah. So come set number 6, I fell down on my last pushup. That's only 180 pushups, I still have 120 left! I realized if I wanted to actually complete my 300, I'd have to cut my reps down to 15. I did that. It still was extremely challenging, but I finally reached 300 within 45 minutes. I think another reason it was so challenging was the fact that I put my pushups into a circuit so that I was getting cardio out of it as well.

Today is my rest day... If you can call it that. 300 pushups, but throughout the day. But this time, I'm already quite sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment