Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Six Pack Promise

Because I'm very active and exercise all the time, some of my friends assume I have a six pack. That's not true. In my opinion it has to be pretty defined to be a six pack. Only 4 of my abdominal sections are pretty defined, thus giving me a 4 pack. My lower packs is coated in fat, while my upper packs aren't big enough. I kind of want to get those defined...So yesterday I started a workout plan called the 6 Pack Promise. Its pretty short 5-10 minutes of intense ab exercise, 5 days a weeks for like two months. It also has a meal plan, but I'm not following that to the letter because I already eat pretty well and I don't need to lose much weight.

I will be keeping with my other weight training, so I won't lose muscle mass or have an unbalance in my core. Also I want to build up leg strength and endurance for running (track), biking, soccer, and frisbee. To build up leg endurance I need to work my cardio, thus helping me burn fat giving me my lower pack. Should be fun!

On a side note, I've been exercising less the past 3 weeks because SMASH was eating up my time and I didn't want to risk getting sick easier. For those three weeks I ate much less sugar, ate more fruit, more protein, about the same fat and maybe a little less carbs. Now, I only had two cardio days in those 3 weeks, yet from eating healthier I lost about 5 pounds. Thinking I lost muscle mass, I flexed a few muscles. Nothing seemed smaller, but my abs were a bit more defined. I've also killed colds much faster from eating healthier. I'm really liking this eating healthy(ish) thing!

This reminded me that weight lifting, running, and over all exercise is not the only thing to fitness. In actuality, resting and eating right is probably more important than exercise. That doesn't mean go all healthy eating, sleep a lot and not exercise. Exercise is still very, very important for fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment