Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Goals

So... I've been thinking about what I want to do for my fitness this summer. Usually I just do some random workouts, sports and run. This year I want to do less running and more biking. Running is probably the better workout, but joints can suffer from too much running. The constant pounding isn't that good for you. Also I have flat feet due to a soccer and running injury. Flat feet aren't very good for long distance running. It can cause problems if I do too much of it.

So what will I do? Bike. I really want to bike. Last year I barely biked at all. I did one big biking adventure though: I biked 10 miles, ran 5 miles, played some soccer, and then biked back (10 more miles). Granted, I slept 13 hours that night...but that was with nearly no biking training and a back back. If I can get a water bottle clamp on the bike, I won't need a back pack. If I train for longer distances, I could probably bike to a lot of my friends' houses. Maybe if I'm lucky (no injuries), and train enough I could go 40 miles by the end of the summer!

So, now I have some cardio goals, besides being able to run forever (also know as 10 miles) and being able to run a 5 minute mile. I now can't wait for spring and summer! I want to run and bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment